AdminBot support: Yes
Monthly statistics: Yes

|ETS|Tactical Gaming
5.9.85.173:7480

Game mode: SWAT TSS COOP
WebAdmin URL: http://5.9.85.173:7490/
Slots: 10 (2 slots reserved)
Custom Maps support: Yes
AdminBot support: No (Not installed & Not planned)
Monthly statistics: No

|ETS|Tactical Gaming SAS
5.9.53.70:7480

Game mode: SAS Mod 1.0
WebAdmin URL: http://5.9.53.70:7490/
Slots: 10 (0 slots reserved)
Custom Maps support: (Coming soon)
AdminBot support: No (Not supported in GezMods)
Monthly statistics: No

Today I can say that ETS is growing in members and also in numbers. We have got another server up & running for you. There are some details posted above, so you can see some for yourself. We plan to do some further changes soon or later.
Both PRO and 'Normal' server are going to have connected Ban Lists, so if anyone is interested, our Ban Appeal forum is here. ;) Since we have our second SWAT 4 COOP server again, we will be more strict with players that lack enough experience in the PRO server. Our goal is the same since the very beginning - keeping friendly and tactical atmosphere in our servers. We believe, that presence of this new server will help us to keep even more fun!

Reasons for acquiring another server are following:
  • We have noticed very high activity on our server in last few months
  • Another server will be suitable for hosting of training sessions and other events
  • We have great support from donators not only from our clan, but also from other players
The 'Normal' server will be online for 3 months. We will decide if it worth extending. We would be also very grateful to see even very small donations sent to our PayPal account, so we can keep our servers online for longer period of time. You can donate here.

Thank you very much and see you in the server!

Code high, commit sober.
Alright this should be interesting. I have a question about the roles of the PRO and Normal server: will we allow unexperienced players to play on the PRO server or direct them to the normal one? Or do we just handle both servers as we have the PRO so far?
its0 wrote:
I have a question about the roles of the PRO and Normal server: will we allow unexperienced players to play on the PRO server or direct them to the normal one? Or do we just handle both servers as we have the PRO so far?

Should the player not be able to keep a pace with others (doesn't even know how to scan or stack up for example), then the player will be re-directed to the normal server.

We had it like this a few years ago, but the normal server expired and we decided to keep just he PRO one - while having some exceptions for removing players that were not tactically mature - e.g. we were more tolerant. It is time to get back to the old rails.

Code high, commit sober.
Is the: "If you are going to play on the PRO server and you are not on TeamSpeak, no matter if no one will talk or use it in-game, you'll be kicked from the server and doesn't matter if you are a member of the clan.." rule is also up again? :clap: :D
I guess on Normal server will be all weapon avilable or maybe will be same as PRO ?
Wow, 2 new servers. Thats good news.

I have some questions/comments:
Will the SAS server have version 1.1 running?

Regarding the split up of servers:
At first glance it sounds really nice to have an extra server for experienced players, but i dont like the idea of an "elite" server, where new players getting kicked. I wasnt here when ETS had this in the past and i dont know how this concept worked out, but i can image it will be problematic... especially in the long term.
I know newbies can be annoying, oh god i know it, but we all started at some point.
Anyways, you need newbies to keep the community alive. Some will improve and become experienced players. Pro-players will leave the clan and new members will take their place. Its the cycle of life.
But how is this supposed to happen when you have a Server full of Rookies?
No one can teach them, its just another random rambo server (ok maybe without instant respawn).
And it will discourage any players interested in tactical gameplay.
Also, keep in mind that this game is old. There are a lot of new players recently, but it won't stay like this forever. You don't need to be a fortune teller to see this.
Just my humble opinion.

I personally would like to see something like a custom maps server. With an automatic map rotation of wisely selected (good maps with reasonable sus count) custom maps and a voting option. That would be really unique.

Greetings :dance:
"Um...Just one more thing..."
Columbo wrote:
Will the SAS server have version 1.1 running?

No. There is just one month left for the SAS Mod server to expire and it is not sure whether it is going to be renewed. Anyway, MarkMods services are having difficulty getting version 1.1 to work. I have already sent a few support tickets, but we had no success just yet.

Columbo wrote:
but i dont like the idea of an "elite" server, where new players getting kicked.

Despite the fact that we have two servers now and we will be a bit more strict on the PRO server, it doesn't mean only 'elite players' players will be welcomed. Since it has been a while we were hosting a typically 'PRO' server, we will need to find the best balance. We don't mean to remove those who are actually improving, but we will no longer deal with players that are requiring to be told to stack at the left side of the door every single time. You shouldn't be afraid of 'Normal' server becoming a rambo server. That is something I will never allow to happen as long as I am in this clan and I believe many of our members will support me. We will have our members playing there as well and we will do our best to keep the atmosphere on the server as good as is possible. As you said yourself, players need to improve somehow and this server will have the purpose of this. Even you, as elite player, are very welcomed to join the 'normal server'.

Columbo wrote:
I personally would like to see something like a custom maps server.

Hunter wrote:
We plan to do some further changes soon or later.

We will see how this works out first, then we will decide. There has been some thoughts that the server might become inactive - as is the SAS Mod server for recent days.

Code high, commit sober.
Lovely, more servers - more fun. Let's hope that they will be full all the time :D
Yay! A SAS Server... now where did my SWAT 4 TSS go. -scratches head- :think:
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.
"If you are going to play on the PRO server and you are not on TeamSpeak, no matter if no one will talk or use it in-game, you'll be kicked from the server and doesn't matter if you are a member of the clan.."

So if I'm at work and cant use team speak I'll get kicked?
Nah Saltie, this was an old rule when we had 2 servers like now.. It lead 7 members to leave the clan.. old times.. :violin: