Having technical problems with Swat 4

Hey guys,

For some reason my game has been freezing up when I go to the multiplayer screen. The game seems to run fine at the menu, But once It goes to multiplayer server list everything just freezes.

I wanted to know if anyone knew what this problem might be and how to fix it.

Note: my game is a digital download that I bought through Gamestop's website, so there is no chance of disk problems.
Did you try singleplayer ?
Also you can try creating a shortcut that will connect you directly to the server
Are you using MarkMods Master Server patch? This could be the issue. If not, it could be that the game is checking the server list from the old server, but is getting some 'timeout' or something.
If you can not use server list, try connecting the server using a shortcut. It seems to be always working. ^.^

Code high, commit sober.
UPDATE

Singleplayer still works fine

Also I forgot to mention at the top (I can't believe I did) that the game was working fine right up until the training session Saturday. So I thought it might be related to the training mod. Lessluck has just informed that this is a possibility.

After taking note of your advice and talking to LessLuck on Steam, I ran it from "swat4.exe" in Content Expansion. It worked. I then created a shortcut, It didn't work. However, I experimented by running both that shortcut and my normal one as administrator. In both cases it worked. When I run as admin I don't have my singleplayer progress displayed which concerned me as I didn;t know if any of my custom skins, maps, mods, etc. would display either. However, I tested it and all the multiplayer add-ons still appear. Singleplayer still appears if I run normally

So it would seem that if I run normally I can play singleplayer, but If I run as Admin I can play multiplayer.

I wouldn't say the problem is 100% fixed, but as long as I remember to run as admin I think Multiplayer should be fine.

I will keep the thread open for a little while, in case anyone has advice on how to completely fix it. But I at least know how to get around the problem now.
running it as an administrator seems to fix many things.I had that problem once, plus my binds didn't work, till I just used always run as administrator :P
For windows 7 and 8 install Grant Admin Full Control find on google and download after install right mouse click on install folder and press grant admin full controll and restart......must be work
ITS Instinct Tactical Squad|Get in and Get some
squad based tactical teamwork |One is good Two is Better | ITS|Dalibor
Dalibor wrote:
For windows 7 and 8 install Grant Admin Full Control find on google and download after install right mouse click on install folder and press grant admin full controll and restart......must be work

I don't think third-party applications can bring up some effective solution to Captain's issue. The major problem I see (when admin rights privileges conflict occur) is User Account Control. All the time I had some issue related to permissions, complete disabling of UAC was the solution. More experienced users of Windows with working antivirus program wouldn't expose themself to any significant threat.

So, if I were Captain, I would try the following:
1. Disable UAC
2. Run the game normally (with no 'Run as Administrator')
3. In case of fail, set full access to Content and ContentExpansion folders for current user.

Code high, commit sober.
is the right to disagree with you but if you use windows 8 then it is certainly a problem with administrator privileges because I had such a problem helped me only those applications and I guess I unistall antivirus and then everything worked but I later installed windows 7 and since then i always install this application Grant Admin Full Control because it is otherwise very good and very helped
ITS Instinct Tactical Squad|Get in and Get some
squad based tactical teamwork |One is good Two is Better | ITS|Dalibor
Hunter wrote:
All the time I had some issue related to permissions, complete disabling of UAC was the solution. More experienced users of Windows with working antivirus program wouldn't expose themself to any significant threat.

I strongly disagree. Imo UAC is a useful security feature and shouldn't be disabled. Rather you should try to understand how it works in order to solve issues.

Now why is there an issue with UAC and Swat4?
Because Swat4 wants to modify certain files in it's installation directory (e.g. storing keyconfig in "user.ini", saving your loadout, graphic settings, SP progress). However without admin permission the game can read this files but not directly modify them. Instead a copy of the file is created in the virtual storage and modified there. You can find these files by navigating to the original installation folder and select “compatibilities files” in the explorer menu. Default folder is:
“C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Sierra\SWAT 4”.
If you start Swat4 normally, these "virtual" files have priority over the original ones. E.g. I set my keybinds only in the "user.ini" in the virtual store and never touched the original file in "C:\Program Files(x86)\Sierra\...". If you start the game as admin (which I do NOT recommend), then the behaviour is not so clear. Some files might be taken from the virtual storage, some from the original directory.

About your specific problem: I don't know how the mod is supposed to work. My guess is that you installed it to the original folder but some modifications made by the mod do not work properly because the game uses the files from virtual storage instead.
If you have any issues with Swat 4 runtime, then try download and install "McRip VC Redist Installer" (find in Google)

This is the pack with all released version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. Recommended for owner Windows 7 or 8 who trying open and play most older games and use emulators or editor for music and video as also most of older application and software. The package aims to cover all the all the requirements that a program might have and therefore, it enables you to install older Microsoft Runtimes, needed for launching older software on your PC. For instance, programs developed using Visual C++ cannot run on a PC that does not have the run-time components of Visual C++ libraries installed. Otherwise you will have possible conflict.

Make sure you have updated video drivers to newest as also DirectX 9, 10, 11 - depends from video card model.

Second step: Reinstall Swat 4 included TSS expansion.

Next step: Install server browser included admin mod in the correct directory System folder for Swat 4 Vanilla and another for TSS.
Server browser included admin client mod and you can install via Swat Downloader - application available here: http://desratsworld.co.uk/update.html

Optional step: Install any custom map via Swat Downloader. Later use any custom map pack installer or another own package for replace existed custom map or for add any another to collection.

My Gold DVD Swat edition remember times, when worked on XP os system.
I not had any problems as in win XP 32bit or win 7 32bit as to this day on win 7 64 bit and even not use marked in properties "runs as administrator"

Swat work very well!

Cheers! Raz
| Improvisation | adaptation | overcome | squad based on tactical teamwork | ITS-team |
Hello guys ..

now i have some problems with Swat4x ... when i wana conncet to ETS server i cant do anything there and it crashed ( after loading screen ) and when reconncet its ok but only for 1-5 mins

i dont know what should i do .. i changed my windows version from 32bits to 64 bit ( 7 sp1 ) and i updated my windows and dirvers and other games are Ok for me exp Swat4x

actually i reinstall it 2 times but nothing + i run it as adminstrator ..

i dont know its from my windows or my conncetion exactly ( becasue i used 32 bits version of windows before and didnt have these problems there )

but when i m using some VPN i can play it

is there any option to fix this problem? or set my network ?

+ im using ACM there only

Regards
There's a clocktower in Hereford where the names of the dead are inscribed.
We try to honor their deeds even as their faces fade from our memory

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3
TaskForce wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:59 am
Hello guys ..

now i have some problems with Swat4x ... when i wana conncet to ETS server i cant do anything there and it crashed ( after loading screen ) and when reconncet its ok but only for 1-5 mins
Crashing means the program could've for example come across an unhandled exception in the code or buffer overflow, which basically makes the program stop working, leaving it no choice but to instantly exit.
There are various things that can increase the chance of crashing:
- Unsupported Windows versions (e.g. 'Payday 2' had crash issues using Win10). I've tested SWAT 4 on Win7, 8 and 10, no issues.
- Using corrupted files. A rare possibility in your case, if the copy you're installing has one or more corrupted files that are used for that particular moment in the game.
- Mods compiled with the game that enhance/replace scripts or other codes. SWAT 4 Servers limits the use of modified codes and 'Unreal'-packages on the client side, irrevelant to your case.
- Game is not permitted to access a particular resource. You always run as administrator so this is likely not the case.
- etc.

If you're getting no response in game, such as getting stuck in lobby but still allows you to browse through the pages or disconnect, or that you can move around but lose the ability to for example reload,
that means you're having an issue with the connection, and can be caused by the following:
- Antivirus software(s).
- Firewall restriction(s).
- Inability to hold a session properly between server and client, which only happens to some servers if they are for example barely reachable for a steady connection,
unless the source of the issue comes from the client, which can involve router configurations, they can be reached by accessing the router's local web interface
(commonly through "192.168.1.1", check its physical/digital manuals otherwise), routers can be unpredictable, sometimes it works wonders from restarting it.
- etc.
Hmmm I Personally havent come across this problem, but there might be a thing you could do so first of all dont buy anything from gamestop and get it from Amazon, Steam, GOG. But anyways that aside, this issue i have experienced and potentially might be useful so first of all go the SWAT 4 directory, on the folder it self for ContentExpansion or Content Right click and go to properties, then click on the read only to clear the option, then go to the Security part dont worry this wont leak shit and all that, but what you wanna do next is go to the Users Part Click Edit so you can Edit Permissions and then click on Full Control and Edit, Tick that box and so forth and this potentially will allow the game to run full editing files as you play the game, Once you click on Full Control Click Apply and Ok and Ok again. Try running the game again and hopefully the server list will display and so forth. This trick works for old games that you try running on Wins 10 For example this issue has also on games Such as this and Lotrbfme, Star Wars Empire At War and so forth hope this helps Captain

Kind Regards

Accuser
Accuser wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:36 pm
Accuser
Classic Accuser, responding to a post that was made in 2014... ;)
If you see the woman with the shotgun, kill him! ~ |ETS|TaskForce141
Hello guys Thnak you for responses ..

actuaaly it was from my Firewall Advanced settings .. so i add this porogram ( Swat4 ) as Allowed conncetion. both public and home

Note : i tuned off my firewall before but as i said it was from advanced settings

so its ok right now ..without any feeezing or crash

again Thank you Ragdoll and Accuser :pray: ;) and Fireline( :lol: :D )

regards
There's a clocktower in Hereford where the names of the dead are inscribed.
We try to honor their deeds even as their faces fade from our memory

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3