How to fix in game chat not scrolling to last message

Heyo,

here's a guide on how to (hopefully) fix the aforementioned problem you are experiencing.
Before I continue I should note that I have also set a custom resolution of 1920x1080, after which this problem occurred (because who wants to play on 1650x1080 amirite?).

1. To set the custom resolution you may do one of the following (or both):

- Open Swat4X.ini and find the following line: [WinDrv.WindowsClient]
Set FullscreenViewportX and FullscreenViewportY to desired resolution

- Open SwatGame.eng, SwatGame.int and search for: ScreenResolutionChoices
As shown on the image simply add your custom resolution. If it's done correctly, you should be able to see it in options after starting the game.

2. If you are comfortable using whatever resolution you are currently using and you have the chat not scrolling problem do this:

- Open SwatGUI.ini and search for the following line: [SwatMPChatPanel]
Below you'll see MaxChatLines set to 9 by default. You have to set it to 8 or simply your MaxChatLines_number - 1 = new MaxChatLines, which is 8 in this case

- In the same file search for [HudChatPanel]
The default value for MaxChatLines is 7. I didn't change it but just to throw that out there: I think the value here needs to be again lower by 1 from the previous MaxChatLines we were editing.

"You might think you know everything there is to know about me.. But really, you're not even close."

"I don't care if this is the end...So...I'll use everything."
good job Sokol! :D
I set SwatMPChatPanel from 9 to 7 and now it's ok :)
Thanks
Referee wrote:
good job Sokol! :D
I set SwatMPChatPanel from 9 to 7 and now it's ok :)
Thanks

Np, I'm glad it's working for you. :)
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me.. But really, you're not even close."

"I don't care if this is the end...So...I'll use everything."
Thanks Sokol. It works fine and in HUDChatPanel you can actually safely increase the number to 8 (or whatever works for you in the other MaxChatLines). You can even set MSGTimeout to 0 if you want the in-game chat messages to stay. However, the chat actually has a far more complex coding system that seems like it's safe to edit. I'm pretty sure you can do wonders with your chat box if you knew what you were doing. It might be possible to edit the chat box and make it show 10 or more lines at a time. It would also be nice to figure out a way to stop 2 line messages from being cut-off at the end.
tried the 1366x768 resolution but can't see what I'm typing in chat bar.. any ideas?
Well, i use 1024x786, others make mess on screen.
Almost sure 1366x768 is unplayable despite settings. I also use 1024x768, it's the highest working one for me anyway ^^
🅺🆄🆂🅷🅸🅹🅸
Got it, thanks ;)
Good call, the MaxChatLines-fix is now included in 'Fix Screen Resolution' in SwatAssist.

It decrements the designated value by 1, if the current screen resolution qualifies as widescreen. If that doesn't fix the problem immediately, then rename 'SwatGui.ini.bak' to 'SwatGui.ini.bak2' and try again.

download/file.php?id=157