Problems with adding tag(lines)?

Method #1

Open your Default.ini file (located in your ...\Contentexpansion\System folder for SWAT4 TSS and in ...\content\System folder for regualar SWAT 4).

Under the [Engine.Engine] header, find:

Language=eng

and change it to:

Language=int

Now do the same thing for Swat4.ini & Swat4X.ini (if the two lines don't exist in Swat4(X).ini then you can ignore this part).

Method #2

Open SwatGame.eng and SwatGame.int and search for this line: MPNameAllowableCharSet=

then after the equal sign just add your desired characters.

Example how mine looks like:
MPNameAllowableCharSet=abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ()<>{}|_!^
Yes, I have just revived a two year old topic. 8-)

Following this above and when using the name fix in SWAT 4 toolkit, this is what I see in-game.

Any ideas? :lol:
Hey Jelly,

Did you clearly specifically edit the lines on both ini files you might have just done one maybe check back on it

Accuser

EDIT: I did this manually and not bothered with the SWAT 4 toolkit, the Toolkit might be the problem causing the shots taken above
Under ...\Contentexpansion\System - In both Default.ini and Swat4X.ini - I have changed "Language=eng" to "Language=int" |---| Also, in these .ini files, included is "SpeechLanguage=int", which I have not changed.

Similarly, under ...\Content\System - In both Default.ini and Swat4.ini - I have changed "Language=eng" to "Language=int" |---| "SpeechLanguage=int" Is not in either of these .ini files.

Problem still persists. I will switch back to Language=eng and see if I can add characters, who knows, could work. :L

EDIT : Toolkit has since been uninstalled.
Revert the changes you made in Default.ini and Swat4x.ini files and try this instead:

open SwatGame.eng and SwatGame.int and search for this line
MPNameAllowableCharSet=

MPNameAllowableCharSet=abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ()<>{}|_!^
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me.. But really, you're not even close."

"I don't care if this is the end...So...I'll use everything."
Problem solved with Sokol's original method using SwatGame.eng and SwatGame.int.

View thread here : http://ets-clan.ucoz.com/forum/23-11-1
Sokol wrote:
Revert the changes you made in Default.ini and Swat4x.ini files and try this instead:

open SwatGame.eng and SwatGame.int and search for this line
MPNameAllowableCharSet=

Precisely that. Same time lol.
GenuineJellyfish wrote:
Problem solved with Sokol's original method using SwatGame.eng and SwatGame.int.

View thread here : http://ets-clan.ucoz.com/forum/23-11-1

GenuineJellyfish wrote:
Precisely that. Same time lol.

Funny thing, I was searching for that tutorial but couldn't find it on either sites. Thought it was in tutorials sub-forum, but it was empty so I gave up searching. :)

Edited Struis' post with this solution so it's more visible.
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me.. But really, you're not even close."

"I don't care if this is the end...So...I'll use everything."
bumbing old thread. I tried this 2nd method, but I get error saying "you don't have admin rights". Already did by going properties and "allow all" from security -tab, but still not working. :confusion-helpsos:
Best Regards,

BearSquad AKA BeerSquad AKA bs AKA BullShit
BearSquad wrote:
bumbing old thread. I tried this 2nd method, but I get error saying "you don't have admin rights". Already did by going properties and "allow all" from security -tab, but still not working. :confusion-helpsos:

Hi Bear U can use" Swat4Tookit".. Download it and install it in ur game folder (system)
Then Restart ur Pc ..after that open Swat4tookit and click " fix name "
then open ur game and u can add lines in ur name in "Game setting"

Regards
Tf141
There's a clocktower in Hereford where the names of the dead are inscribed.
We try to honor their deeds even as their faces fade from our memory

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3
even the first method is good , and it is very easy , and it will work 100% .

1.2.3 viva L'algerie .
For your information, you just need add admin and user rights to the VUGames folder. Then it should work.
Trust me - you don't want me as a leader...