Custom Maps - Download with Installer [v5.0 Exclusive]

Indeed, new maps wont show up in singleplayer until you edit the menu files (as done in some modifications). To play them with AI officers you have to load them manually with the "open" command using the console.
--> open "filename" (without .s4m extension), e.g. open sp-getts

If you just want to check if they got recognised by the game, you can either select "Host Game" in menu to see if they appear in the map-list or join up ETS server and look in voting tab if there are any new entries beside the default maps.

Greetings
"Um...Just one more thing..."
Is it possible to pack those maps into an archive without an exe installer (which if I remember requires and installs vb environment or something :angry-cussingwhite: ) ??
I don't like executables and additional software.
Bazi wrote:
Is it possible to pack those maps into an archive without an exe installer (which if I remember requires and installs vb environment or something ) ??
I don't like executables and additional software.

Hunter wrote:
• Cabinet archives (data_01.cab, data_02.cab, ...) are no longer encrypted and can be extracted manually

Open and extract *.CAB files using WinRar, then you are good to go.

Code high, commit sober.
There's some issues with the map versions in this and Mega Map Pack v1.2, so I'd like to point out these:

SP-Construction is some modified version of NSB's original map. Dunno what the changes are actually. MMP has the original.
SP-TheManor is version 1.01. Latest release is 1.1. Not sure why SP-TheManor2.s4m is included, since the info says it's some testing version?
SP-Blackwater is version 1.0. Latest release is 1.1. Mega Map Pack has the 1.1 versions.
SP-DayBreak depends on a particular version of PHTX.utx that has to be 12.7MB to work properly. The 11.1MB version breaks it. SP-CriminalMayhem also uses this file but it will work fine with both versions. SP-Equinox-fix.s4m is not needed then.
New map pack v5.0 is coming soon. Here are the changes that will be made. Please, check out this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8719d3p4y23ja ... .xlsx?dl=0
Columbo created this file.

Tell us your feelings before its out.

Code high, commit sober.
Well... some maps can be removed. However at least these maps exists in the MMP and should be okay:

SP-JohnsonResidence-fix
SP-CabinFever-fix
SP-DodgeCityDay-RMX
SP-CREEPY-HOTEL
SP-Import-TSS
SP-pk1_m2
SP-CBlock

Attachments

Finally can have a new map to play with.
So, when the Custom Map version 5.0 come out?
can't wait to play it :D :dance: :dance: :clap:
Friendly user
Well, we are woking on it.
By posting the excel file (which is indeed pretty raw, working material) we are hoping to encourage the community to some involvement.

Share your thoughts!

Are you agree with this map list, is it okay for you, that some maps will be removed (marked with a X)?
Do you want to see other maps added/removed for any reasons?
Or do you like playing on very similar maps with just minor details different (i.e. different versions of same map)?
Can you confirm crashes or bad experiences with some of the maps?
Did you notice something we have missed?

induktio wrote:
Well... some maps can be removed. However at least these maps exists in the MMP and should be okay:

SP-JohnsonResidence-fix - pretty much the same as SP-DSK-JohnsonResidence-fix... question is: which version you like more? Or keep them both?
SP-CabinFever-fix - very small... from experience this map is never voted by anyone
SP-DodgeCityDay-RMX - boooring... a training scenario out of wooden huts without roofs... i dont like it
SP-CREEPY-HOTEL - pretty much the same as SP-DSK-CREEPY-HOTEL-fix... question is: which version you like more? Or keep them both?
SP-Import-TSS - at start you can be killed randomly by the walkway (lol)... poor enemy randomization... from experience this map is never voted by anyone
SP-pk1_m2 = Westfield Appartments - earlier version of SP-Westfield_2_m2... so its pretty much the same
SP-CBlock - crashes server randomly (see custom map database)

Greetings
"Um...Just one more thing..."
Columbo wrote:
SP-JohnsonResidence-fix - pretty much the same as SP-DSK-JohnsonResidence-fix... question is: which version you like more? Or keep them both?

There are many of those DSK versions, however they add stuff not planned by the original mapmaker. On those maps MMP has always tried to keep the original version. SP-pk1_m2 is also the version that is in MMP.

Removing rarely played stuff is okay. The biggest problem is with multiple versions of the same file (see earlier post). Now we could fix those issues.
Does anyone have the newest mappack (5.0) uploaded to different host than MEGA or would be willing to do that? That would be greatly appreciated ;)
The chosen one who will be dead in every single round --- |ETS|Neo :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you very much neo! :D
One again, thank you for this spectacular map pack!

I've setup a mirror here for v5.0: https://sasclan.org/download/ets-coop-c ... sive-11083

I might have found a few maps that aren't included in your map pack:
SP-AustereVillage.s4m
SP-CaveComplex-cfda.s4m
SP-Oilrig.s4m
SP-PicktonFarm.s4m (a different version that the on in the ETS map pack, at least when looking at the size)

These four maps are from the CFDA mod the maps can be downloaded here: https://sasclan.org/download/canadian-f ... maps-11605
Ha, Pickton Farm is from my neck of the woods!