Custom Maps - Download with Installer [v5.0 Exclusive]

Hey Hunter,
you're right, seems i overlooked something there. The way i wrote it sounds more problematic than it is ...
The word 'some' is missing in the beginning :techie-error:

Only <SF>BusStation (SP-BusStation-sf.s4m vs. SP-BusStation-sf-fix.s4m) and DSK-CreepyHotel (SP-DSK-CREEPY-HOTEL.s4m vs. SP-DSK-CREEPY-HOTEL-fix.s4m) are real duplicates.
Then there are maps that are very similar to each other (slightly different version), e.g. JohnsonResidence and DSK-JohnsonResidence, CreepyHotel and DSK-CreepyHotel-fix...

So, what i wanted to say is, we should check for duplicates again :mrgreen:

Greetings
"Um...Just one more thing..."
I've uploaded this one for myself but may as well share it:

SWAT 4 TSS Custom map pack - https://yadi.sk/d/lYJ_Sx2pee9cg

Specifications: All 4.0 custom maps fixed by ETS, custom textures and meshes. The pack also contains Vanilla maps, vanilla textures and vanilla meshes (1.1) archive ~1 GB extracted to ~4 GB

How to install: Open archive with 7Zip (Highly recommended, better than WinRar) point to folders you want to extract, use Extract-To command and select proper directories, if you already have some of the files just click on No when asked to overwrite. The pack can be used to repair vanilla maps, textures and meshes.
Speed, Precision, Experience, Endurance
Just one thing MAVEN... using vanilla textures in map packs almost everytime gives an error when joining server (Missmatch) :)
Nothing to worry about.

What I basically did is pack my textures, mesh and maps folders and put them online. The vanilla content is unaffected, the only thing added is custom maps and textures.

When you exctract whats in the pack if asked to overwrite just click No, unless you are having problems.

Files used in archive are fresh and working (did an archive backup after fresh SWAT 4 and custom maps install) ;)
its0 wrote:
using vanilla textures in map packs almost everytime gives an error when joining server (Missmatch)
MAVEN wrote:
Nothing to worry about.
What I basically did is pack my textures, mesh and maps folders and put them online. The vanilla content is unaffected, the only thing added is custom maps and textures.

It does not matter. Its0 is right and there are things to worry about, sadly. If you include the vanilla maps in the pack you have uploaded, it will place non-TSS maps in TSS directory, which will lead to missmatch everytime somene try to connect server with non-TSS vanilla map loaded. What's more I don't quite understand why would you put vanilla maps into a 'map pack', as vanilla maps are already coming with the game installed. It only adds more megabytes to download and brings up issues just like missmatch. Anyone using your pack should now do not replace files while copying the pack into the game directory.

Code high, commit sober.
Sometimes it happens that the game edits a bit or two in textures and maps (vanilla, known issue with built-in filechecker anticheat, when people get kicked it can edit a bit or two hence invalidate certain files, depends strongly on firewall settings, at least for me I am using a commercial firewall which is very agressive) although rare it happened to me few times and would give errors. Hence I added vanilla maps and textures just as assurance. As stated, this archive was made for personal use but I shared it anyway.

Regarding mismatches with the pack - If you install SWAT 4 1.0, TSS 1.1 and patch it to latest ver, then use ETS installer for 4.0 maps, connect to a server with custom maps (test, working) and simply pack textures, meshes and maps folders from CustomContent (TSS) then the problem is not with the pack but installer? I did not include S4 non-tss maps whatsoever, don't remember anyone playing the old version in a long time.

Regarding the file size, it's ~1 GB archive, much smaller than other packs yet extracts to ~4 GB (if fully extracted) which is maximum ratio for this type.

Either way, the file is up for grabs, whether you guys want to dl or not it's up to you, I am using this backup and works for me perfectly without issues :)

Here's also a small "repair-kit" if you're too worried - Vanilla maps for S4 and S4 TSS (big thanks to Razor):

TSS - https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyfadw6wmfvtmr5/TSS.rar
S4 (no dlc) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/pa16pkdzymulz22/Vanila.rar
Great, thanks for sharing. :)
-grumbles- Mega download is not working. Says the file is deleted. :C
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.
N0VA wrote:
-grumbles- Mega download is not working. Says the file is deleted. :C

Thanks for telling. Anyway, you still could have downloaded the maps from our Mega Cloud. Link in first post is updated.

Code high, commit sober.
I did realize that later and did that I have the maps all now. (PST, Hunter get on TS please)
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.
Hi, I have download the coop maps pack and I wish to install them manually.
But do I have to unpack the contents of data01.cab in SWAT 4\ContentExpansion\System or in SWAT 4\ContentExpansion\ ?
cos the readme says to put it in expansion but the uninstaller requires to be ran from expansion\system and also all the other maps are there. Thanks!
:D
Extract the cab file and you will know where it is supposed to go. Installer asks for Swat4X.exe path from which it cuts back the ContentExpansion. ;)

Code high, commit sober.
Hello,
some explanations for general understanding: you have to install every map file (.s4m-files) into "SWAT 4\ContentExpansion\Maps". Though, there might be other files that come with the map: Files with extension .usx have to be placed in or "SWAT 4\ContentExpansion\StaticMeshes", files with extension .utx have to be placed "SWAT 4\ContentExpansion\Textures".
(Just as side note: Swat4 TSS also reads maps from "SWAT 4\Content\..." path.)

If you extract the ETS package (.cab-files) manually, you have to select "SWAT 4\ContentExpansion\" as target directory (as stated in the ReadMe). Additionally you have to enable the option "Extract full file paths", when using WinRaR for example. Then everything should be in the right place.

But why you are not using the Installer? Its easy to use and will sort your ingame map list alphabetically.
Any problems with running it?
Troubeshooting:
1) Try to install Visual C++ Redistributable 2012
- Go to folder Visual C++ Redistributable
- Launch and install vcredist_x64.exe for 64bit Windows
- Launch and install vcredist_x86.exe for 32bit Windows
2) Run Setup.exe as an administrator
- Read this guide to know how to run application as administrator
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11 ... rator.html
3) Disallow User Account Control (for Windows Vista/7 only)
- Read this guide to know how to disable User Account Control
http://www.petri.co.il/disable-uac-in-windows-7.htm

Greetings
So I've installed the maps from cab1 into ContentExpansion\Maps, and then the hotfixes over in the same dir but I can't access the maps solo, do I need console to try them? Do I need to do anything else to play online when the server runs them?

I got an old box just for SWAT with WindowsXP SP3 so I'd rather not risks the installer and VisualC++ scripts.
Indeed, new maps wont show up in singleplayer until you edit the menu files (as done in some modifications). To play them with AI officers you have to load them manually with the "open" command using the console.
--> open "filename" (without .s4m extension), e.g. open sp-getts

If you just want to check if they got recognised by the game, you can either select "Host Game" in menu to see if they appear in the map-list or join up ETS server and look in voting tab if there are any new entries beside the default maps.

Greetings