Custom Maps - Download with Installer [v5.0 Exclusive]

Thanks boss. you da man. I think I have banned websites in the UK because I get error when I open any links above. I can download it on Xfire from someone..
Hello everyone :)

Im newly registered and wanted to give some feedback here.
Thank you Hunter for compiling this great map-package and making the installer. Its not easy to find good map packs if you lost your backups or recently started playing Swat.
Despite some texture bugs (some maps seem to conflict by using same texture-names for different textures) all maps are working perfectly.
Just one big issue regarding the maps itself... you have a lot of maps with no objectives on the server. Is there any way to fix this?
Furthermore, what happend with the plan to establish a custom-map list on the server for a few days per week?

Greetings
"Um...Just one more thing..."
Hey Columbo,
I'm glad to read your feedback here.
Installer itself should be bug free, as it is something I can alter. However, I'm being strictly limited while fixing maps, as there is no way for me to track why it's not loading objectives or which textures it's missing. Same goes for our server - meaning the maps issue. What I can do is to try to find all maps again and try to make new "source" for the installer. I though about it some time ago, but I'm kinda busy recently.

Hunter

Code high, commit sober.
Hey Hunter,
i downloaded the package from uloz.to but wasnt able to extract it (crc error). I will download again from mega.co.nz.
What program (WinRaR version?) did you use to generate the rar-file?

Regarding the objectives issue: maybe its possible to add objectives via MissionObjectives.ini in System folder. All you need to do is add the corrosponding map-label in this file plus needed objectives (of course this will be a decent work load to do for all maps). :|
I tested it in singleplayer (via console) and its working. So maybe its possible to edit the MissionObjectives.ini server sided and add these labels. The label is set in the .s4m files. If you open a map in Swat4 level editor (Swat4Ed.exe) you can find the label under "View"-"Level Properties" --> "Label".
Im not sure if this will conflict with clients or cheat protection though, but should be worth a try.

Only other way to realise it would be to work with scripts (like the quick mission builder) i guess. Unfortunately i have no clue how this could work... :think:

Greetings
Hey Columbo,
I checked my archive and I'm afraid you are right. o.O Let me to re-upload this. :doh:

// REUPLOAD DONE

Code high, commit sober.
Hey, since a lot of people seem to have trouble downloading the full 1.1 GB of the map-package, i uploaded a smaller archive at dropbox which contains some RMX-maps only.

http://tiny.cc/RMX-Maps

This can also be handled by thinner connections in no time (ca.60 MB). :)

btw: Recently a big map package was uploaded here.
Its a torrent file, so you can stop the download everytime and resume it later.
every time the same thing: it was not possible to perform! help me!
Do you have problems with installer itself? Or is it that you can not join our server when the Custom Maps are on?
Specify your problem. If possible, please enclose ETSInstaller.log that is in %temp% directory and Swat4X.log which is in your ContentExpansion\System folder.

Note: All further topics will be moved to the help section when issue is solved.

Code high, commit sober.
I would like to know , how to delete the previous maps using an unistaller . There is not anything in the map pack , just only the ..... maps .
Detective wrote:
I would like to know , how to delete the previous maps using an unistaller . There is not anything in the map pack , just only the ..... maps .

Hunter wrote:
Remove all custom maps using uninstaller script in your System folder before installing the map pack!

...\ContentExpansion\System\ETS Custom Maps - Uninstall (<date> ID<id>).bat

Uninstaller will only present if you used previous versions of this installer. If you extracted them manually, you will not be able to remove your custom maps using any script.

uninstall.png
(66.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Code high, commit sober.
Pongsaklek wrote:
Er, does that mean we should just start installing or we should remove all custom maps manually anyway and then start installing?

I suggest you to remove custom maps manually before you install the new pack. The reason is simple. You will still have and see old not working custom maps or its not-working duplicates that you might just not like to vote. Should you want to risk it, remember to check "re-write" option in installer.

Code high, commit sober.
Hunter wrote:
Pongsaklek wrote:
Er, does that mean we should just start installing or we should remove all custom maps manually anyway and then start installing?

I suggest you to remove custom maps manually before you install the new pack. The reason is simple. You will still have and see old not working custom maps or its not-working duplicates that you might just not like to vote. Should you want to risk it, remember to check "re-write" option in installer.

Sounds good! Where would the folder to remove them be? :P)

ContentExpansion\Maps :?:
All custom maps are ready to be played . I used your unistaller Hunter since i already installed the previous maps with your map pack version 3.1 i think .
Hey Hunter,
good job with the new map pack v4.0 !
There still some maps that refuses to work like they should, but its nothing compared to the previous version :) .
So we're on a good way :auto-dirtbike:
No more server crashs.

I hope you can solve the problem with the big maps that are not loading server-sided.

Errors i've noticed so far:
- fixed maps and their unfixed counterparts (without objectives) are both present in the list
- Fairfax Massacre (SP-Massacre.s4m) without objectives (non-TSS version) still present
- *NOVA* Panic Room (SP-Panic-Room.s4m), which cant be finished still present
- keoclub with two different filenames
- not loading maps (list incomplete): TheManor, EncoreMall-TSS

Ok, enough blaspheme :icon-mrgreen:
Your Uninstaller from version 3.1 worked fine for me.
Also, here is the link to the fixed maps only: https://www.dropbox.com/s/26mexasd201w2 ... 0.rar?dl=0
Maybe you can integrate the link into your first post. You may put this on another filehoster or add other new maps to the pack of course.

Keep it up!
Columbo
Yup, we should work on the new version of map pack too. This time we could also fix all spawns. I will add your link to my post now.

Columbo wrote:
fixed maps and their unfixed counterparts (without objectives) are both present in the list

I'm not sure about your call here. See the list of available maps in my 1st thread. Duplicates of fixed/unfixed maps are not here. I guess there went something wrong while removing your old maps you had.

Code high, commit sober.