Custom Skins - Discussion / Feedback / Request Section

Hello there ETS community

I've been a big fan of the game for a long time now, but only tried making my own custom skin for the very first time.
I was just following a tutorial which I found on youtube (5 parts) and was excited to test out my skin, but the first attempt failed.
Tried doing it over like 3 times now and I just can't get it to work, might be the issue with the compressure to DXT, I know nothing about this and might be doing it wrong.
Just wanted to know if any of you is experienced in this matter and could possibly add me on steam to help out. I'm not an expert in texturing or whatever, but I'm kinda bored
of the current skins that are out there. I hope someone will be able to assist me. :)

Greets
Fireline
If you see the woman with the shotgun, kill him! ~ |ETS|TaskForce141
Hi there Fireline,
I think that Justicar can help you out if I'm not mistaken,try to contact him.
Thank you for the reply, I will try to contact him.
Yes Justicar and Its0 are the guys to go to for skin making.
A little sneak peek of what I was trying to accomplish: imgur.com/a/B4vXU
Nothing is final though and might actually look like trash in game but I thought I'd give it a try.
I managed to get it working on my own :) There's some weird save issues I'm having which requires me to use other directories, but it worked out in the end. Thanks for the comments though!

EDIT: If anyone wouldn't mind downloading the skin so I can get a decent look at it in game, that would be awesome.
Just let me know and I'll send you the files.
give me one i want to see ur own skin :)
The chosen one who will be dead in every single round --- |ETS|Neo :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lhx7ibu2i ... cerTex.utx
http://www.mediafire.com/file/f7lry1xg9yr21mt/FBI1.skn

Had a quick look at it in game and it definitely needs some more detail and it's a lot brighter than I had anticipated.
But your help is most welcome :D
Don't want to spam the comment section, my apologies.

But Neo, I expected you to join the server so I can have a look at it? :D
ok wait a min
The chosen one who will be dead in every single round --- |ETS|Neo :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you again Neo for your help. I suggest that others don't download it yet if you were considering it, since I did not add a lot of texture to it yet.
Also my first attempt at it so don't expect too much from the outcome. :)
Good to see you take a shot at it anyway, downloaded a few skin packs off ModDB and they are great fun to use/see in-game. Thanks Fireline! :)
I just gave my second shot at it, honestly in photoshop it looks way more promising than in game haha.. Took me like 3 hours in total and it looks like a 5min work skin... D:
http://imgur.com/a/f1c4E

Not even sure if it's worth making it downloadable for you guys..
Could you show us an in-game image? The texture does look quite good...
Preview in game: http://imgur.com/a/AKQrY

No armor has an issue with the text on front, apparently FBI is written backwards lol.. That's because I thought that was for the backside which was apparently the frontside.
Light armor looks quite dull and is missing the emblem I put on there, could possibly fix that in the near future.
Heavy armor looks messed up overall, sudden black textures at the arms and legs, could probably be fixed as well. Also gonna change POLICE > FBI...

Summarized, not really happy about the outcome:
* Skins look brighter than expected.
* I only just now noticed that some textures are facing the wrong way (facepalm) looking back at the No Armor...
* Looks like all pants textures are also facing the wrong way, I'm starting to crack up here.
* The vests were meant to be a bit darker than the actual skin but it's unnoticeable in the game.
* Probably changing every 'Police' to 'FBI', although I preferred to have it say Police on front and FBI on the back.
* Going to mainly try and optimize the No/Light armor since those are commonly used.
* Still not sure whether I'm gonna make the letters yellow or black. Maybe I'll eventually make both options.

(Let me know your thoughts)