This is definitely not important

Hello!

I know this sounds immature, but my friend and I are having the worst discussion ever.
My friend says that "Martin" and "Martijn" are the same. SAME.
This is a shame because you and I both know that it is not the same, and is also not pronounced the same.

Thank you for your time reading this.

EDIT: I would like to remind you that you are NOT able to re-vote again after you have failed to vote on my 5 No.'s and think that it was a joke. Because this is not a joke! ):
EDIT 2: Who ever votes "Yes", please feel free to reply and share your opinion why I shouldn't find you and murder you.
EDIT 3: For those who are not convinced that it's the different, "MARH-THAYYYN" and "MARH-THIN" are NOT the same.
PC: Acer Aspire V17 Nitro Black Edition VN7-791G
Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M 2GB VRAM, Intel i7 4720HQ, 12GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 128 GB SSD

Accessories: Logitech G430 Headset, Logitech K290 Keyboard, Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Mouse

Ahhh, Logitech goodness!
Fentomized wrote:
My friend says that "Martin" and "Martijn" are the same. SAME.

Fentomized wrote:
and is also not pronounced the same.

How is it pronounced then? I'm not Belgian/Dutch so dunno how the Martijn is pronounced.

Anyway, if the pronunciation is completely different from Martin then yeah they aren't the same.

Here's an example for two Croatian names:
Dario and Darijo - the only spelling difference is the letter 'j'. When you pronounce 'Dario' it sounds almost the same as 'Darijo' because letter 'j' is between 'i' and 'o' so it's not noticeable.

Anyways I voted yes because I can. ^^
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me.. But really, you're not even close."

"I don't care if this is the end...So...I'll use everything."
Sokol wrote:
How is it pronounced then? I'm not Belgian/Dutch so dunno how the Martijn is pronounced.

Looks like it's time for me to bring up my dutch skills....
Martin: The i is pronounced like the letter E in english [i:]
Martijn: Dutch has a lot of words containing the ij combination. It's spelled like the letter i in english [ai], at least roughly.

O en Fent, ik vind deze thread echt overbordig, dus heb ik ook niet gestemd. :text-deletetopic:
Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter