Top 3 players - Algorithm

Moderator: xyzzy

DemonSpeed wrote:
I wonder its really fine for +3 points for legal kill and +2 for arrest. I understand thats some players will arrest in hot spots for points, but same with killing, player(s) don't care about arrest. Arresting is harder cuz need tactic to most effective entry and make suspect give up, suspect alway may pick up gun... but legal kill its much easier than arrest suspects, just shot and no worries about danger from suspect side, no need nades, not much tactic... On custom maps, where is a lot suspects and harder to get arrest, legal killing is easier way and yet, you get more points for that. I met some players (I dont wanna say nicks) which played that way and i wondered why they choice that way, no use nades, just enter and legal kill. Now when i read that, i got my answer.

I would suggest move back to old style, +3 points for arrest, +2 for legal kill.

It's +2 for arrest, and +1 for legal kill as the post clearly states.But make no mistake about it, making a legal kill can be harder than arresting a suspect, especially for beginners :P
Gas21 wrote:
It's +2 for arrest, and +1 for legal kill as the post clearly states.But make no mistake about it, making a legal kill can be harder than arresting a suspect, especially for beginners

Actually no, read my update post from Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:35 pm. There is the new system.

As far as DemonSpeed's opinion goes, I think that making 1 point difference won't come with noticeable difference. Remember that I don't want people to rush for arrest' and break the tactic this way. Judgement based on better shooters is just more suitable way in my opinion. Not mentioning that kills are only based on your skills (I do not count bugs), while arresting someone might not be your merit. ;)

Code high, commit sober.
Hunter wrote:
Gas21 wrote:
It's +2 for arrest, and +1 for legal kill as the post clearly states.But make no mistake about it, making a legal kill can be harder than arresting a suspect, especially for beginners

Actually no, read my update post from Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:35 pm. There is the new system.

As far as DemonSpeed's opinion goes, I think that making 1 point difference won't come with noticeable difference. Remember that I don't want people to rush for arrest' and break the tactic this way. Judgement based on better shooters is just more suitable way in my opinion. Not mentioning that kills are only based on your skills (I do not count bugs), while arresting someone might not be your merit. ;)

Even in this case, again as I said above I agree with Hunter as well.The real challenge in SWAT 4 is knowing when to shoot and when not to.
This system which recognize if sus is aiming at you or not is very bugged. Prime and infamous example, almost everytime you kill sus who's aiming at you but is standing behind any kind of cover (like a desk or cardbox), you'll receive a penalty. On the other hand, there's high chance you'll get a legal kill by shooting to death a suspect who's rushing at you and gets really close (but is not aiming at you directly). In light of this, getting legal kills takes more effort than simply cuffing complied suspects :)
🅺🆄🆂🅷🅸🅹🅸
xyzzy wrote:
This system which recognize if sus is aiming at you or not is very bugged. Prime and infamous example, almost everytime you kill sus who's aiming at you but is standing behind any kind of cover (like a desk or cardbox), you'll receive a penalty. On the other hand, there's high chance you'll get a legal kill by shooting to death a suspect who's rushing at you and gets really close (but is not aiming at you directly). In light of this, getting legal kills takes more effort than simply cuffing complied suspects :)

I can only agree with that xyzzy. We all know that this just happens so often. However, the reason, that it happens to basically anyone, makes this still 'fair'. Everyone is faced the same situation. I also believe that more experienced members can better avoid such bugs.

Code high, commit sober.