Teamspeak 3 Alert System

Moderator: xyzzy

Hi guys, it's the GOST! ANDY who only appears once every 3 to 6 months. Well I'm tired of joining your team speak server, then waiting for 8 hours straight for someone to allow me to move channel. It's annoying for a few reasons, one, I join the server to play with friends. Of course I don't know if you started using this to stop people from joining the server just to use with friends playing other games or with swat because you keep running out of TS3 slots or whatever, but restricting people from even speaking in this restricted channel is annoying.

second reason, yes I only come to play a 3 or 4 hour game once every 3-6 months but I would like to bring other friends with me to play. With this restricted TS3 I can't. I leave my job, I say to my friends from work, hey wanna play swat 4 with me, they say yes, I say join me here, then BOOM, we can't move or talk. I join another server with my buddies we play on a new server. With swat 4 already playing catch up on trying to get as many new players as possible I'm kinda surprised you would go one step farther to restrict even the most basic of the game as TS3.. I brought you 3 new players over the year all three said no one talked to me, no one even asked me to use Xfire, no one even allowed me to move TS3 channels.. Maybe because my guys play at night in Europe like me I don't know.. But people more than us join no one is here. I don't know if it's possible but setting up some Alert system would work, Sokol or some other next ranked member could set up an Alert to tell them that someone has joined and waiting permission to move or "Register" on your TS3 server. Possible or not?.. who knows. Something like the help/support website but something that can Text or message the admin in some way.

Other hand maybe it works, I aint been here long term for a long time so if there is a reason for this on TS3 and this seems to work for that then just ignore this and continue with it. But not allowing people to use your TS3 is weird to me. Plus no one is ever online at late times at from 11pm to 5am UK or most of (Europe) time. That means anyone who joins after 11pm in Europe leaves right away because they can't move. Dismissing possible new players in my book. You kinda want people using the server 24/7 no?.. I need to say Sokol did appear for 10 seconds this night after 12am for me.. first time in weeks. Let's be clear, I keep coming back to ETS server because I have loyalty to the server and name. So if I need to wait weeks just to even move channel then I will, and I did...bad timing I guess soooooooooooooooooo...ooo 3 weeks later. Even people on Steam I've never seen before are complaining about it. I need to say, this week maybe different, because the last time I waited was a few months ago, but I think I got lucky with Sokol coming on this time, P.S. he left because he didn't want to talk to me or dislikes me. hahaha.. It's all good. ETS for life. If you don't want people joining the TS3 server just to play other games without swat in mind. This is a good way to do it. The daily life in a SWAT player is looming due to swat 4 server and TS3 servers disconnecting or adding crazy restrictions.

Insult me if you must I'm used to it, but restricting TS3 from even moving is something a HUGE! community does to help traffic and stop blocking, not a server who has 1-10 people connecting per week. If you open a server for one community, swat, then I see the reason for this, but if you are an open server to gamers, then no. You guys need to ask, are we swat 4 dedicated only or are we, open for anyone to join and make new friends using our server.. clearly the answer is dedicated only due to this moving channel restriction.. In my view. No one joins a TS3 server can't move and then comes back to be added to registered. Or maybe they do. I don't know.....
Uhhh... am I the only one not getting the (big) issue here? Because...

- Usually you only need to get 'registered' on our TS3 server just once, unless you keep changing your TS user-ID or IP which apparently you keep doing. And apparently you keep forgetting your useraccount on our website as well, since you made another one just to make this post...)
- There are plenty of ETS members online on TS3 and Xfire/Steam all the time, even during the late hours sometimes. It keeps suprising me how you're able to find the moments so often when we are not around...
- We have good reasons to use the 'registered' system because our server is ment for our members and not just for anybody that's just looking for a TS3 server to use (we had many random people just join and use it while they had no connection to ETS at all) and basicly you are the only one I've heard myself that's complaining about it.
- Our server IS ment for OUR community that's focussed on SWAT. Our members use it for several other games as well, which is fine, but you're wrong when you think it's an 'open server to gamers'. It isn't.

Side note/off topic: What keeps suprising me Andy is that you keep coming back to our website every now and then (exactly like you say: once about every 3 to 6 months) with a big new post and every time I wonder: What is your goal exactly? What are you trying to achive? Are you still searching for some sort of connection between you and ETS? Don't get me wrong, you're welcome to play on our server and join our TS. But there is nothing that we owe you or you owe us and regardless of any personal contacts or friendships you might have with any of our members, there is no link anymore between you and our clan. So maybe it's time for you to move on, like we have...
Struis wrote:
Uhhh... am I the only one not getting the (big) issue here?

Struis wrote:
So maybe it's time for you to move on, like we have...

GO STRUIS! GO STRUIS! YEAH! :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-wavemulticolor:
Struis wrote:
- Usually you only need to get 'registered' on our TS3 server just once, unless you keep changing your TS user-ID or IP which apparently you keep doing. And apparently you keep forgetting your useraccount on our website as well, since you made another one just to make this post...)
- There are plenty of ETS members online on TS3 and Xfire/Steam all the time, even during the late hours sometimes. It keeps suprising me how you're able to find the moments so often when we are not around...
- We have good reasons to use the 'registered' system because our server is ment for our members and not just for anybody that's just looking for a TS3 server to use (we had many random people just join and use it while they had no connection to ETS at all) and basicly you are the only one I've heard myself that's complaining about it.
- Our server IS ment for OUR community that's focussed on SWAT. Our members use it for several other games as well, which is fine, but you're wrong when you think it's an 'open server to gamers'. It isn't.

Here are your answers Andy.

So far this system that we've been using on TS has worked nicely and you are the only one to complain. Think about that.
Also, as Struis said, it would help you if you'd keep 1 ID for TS so that the registered rank isn't removed. And stop creating alternative accounts for this website and forums.
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me.. But really, you're not even close."

"I don't care if this is the end...So...I'll use everything."
I'm also the one who can't find any reasonable explanation of your random comebacks with crazy advices and what so ever. I'm not here to insult you even though you are used to it and I just wonder why.. However, the thing I can't really understand is, that you are always using different accounts just to disappear again, as guys stated above. I have already reset your password of your original account here and I sent you your new login details with PM to all of your accounts and emails they were registered with, but you seem to overlook those. I will do it again, so read your new login details in the email you have used for registering with this account. All your further duplicate-accounts (which aren't allowed here by the way) will be removed without any notification. If you need to get your password back, you can simply re-send it or you can ask any super admin anytime. Feel free to send me an email to [email protected].

Regards,
Hunter

Code high, commit sober.