High Risk Entry - Habermehl system

Forum rules

In this forum you can discuss other games than SWAT 4 and ArmA II.
1. Create just one thread per game, duplicates will be deleted!
2. Name of each thread must only contain the official name of the game.

Hello there community!

Let’s get down to business, straight to the point. We need change for SWAT 4 and we’re all aware of it.
Things are becoming too repetitive and simply boring, people are also way more inactive than usual.
Chlarmi and I took the initiative to try out “new” tactics with a few players who were online at the time.

The reason why I put quotes on ‘new’ is because some of you might already be familiar with these tactics, aka High Risk Entry.
(These were used by the VOWS swat 4 clan back in the day).
There are video’s about the tactics on youtube. Keep in mind that they’re more complicated than the current ones.
Nothing against the current tactics but they’re simply too repetitive, boring and slow. These tactics would bring new life to the game,
they simply make much more sense. These tactics also get rid of the problem of deciding who will lead.
These are also way more based on teamwork, giving any person in #4 and up a job to do, unlike now. The formation is constantly being
swapped around, giving every person an important role in the entries. Bigger teams are also a possibility now, that’s why the teamwork is very important.

Chlarmi (, Fawkes, Dertoh, Bandit) and I did a training session regarding these High Risk Entries, the play style was very enjoyable.
Here follows the problem though, in order to make these tactics more realistic and way more effective, is to start using the Sherrif’s Special Forces Mod (SSF Mod 3.2).
I’m honestly fully behind this overhaul, the mod will offer the change we need in combination with these tactics.

The tactics will be introduced by us two, we’ll probably be moving away from the old ones. As we’re new at them ourselves,
we might still make mistakes and have to adapt during the process. Let’s call it a testing phase and let’s see how well it works out.
Potential guide(s) coming up in the near future, these tactics can also be used in the vanilla game but they’ll be a little more tricky
because of the lack of equipment and simply how the vanilla game works. We do really want to give it a try nonetheless.

The way this would work (for now, we’ll see in the future), is that there would be a LAN server for people to join.
Volunteering to host these kind of servers would be awesome, any information regarding this matter would go towards Chlarmi.
We’ll be using Hamachi for the hosting of the servers, link will be at the bottom of the post.

Any feedback would be much appreciated, we’re both excited to bring new life to the game!

LAN hosting program: Click here
Link to the mod: Click here
Preview video of the tactics: Click here

~ Greets from Chlarmi and Fireline
If you see the woman with the shotgun, kill him! ~ |ETS|TaskForce141
Hmm....Interesting proposition.
It is too late now but, tomorrow I will look into it.
Seems very enjoyable and refreshing :)
Thanks for posting it guys!
New ways to play is always fun. Those high risk entries and no leader is not to be recommended with new players online tho.
If i were a dog and you were a flower, i'd lift up my leg and give you a shower
Jolty^ wrote:
Those high risk entries and no leader is not to be recommended with new players online tho.

In this system there will be always a leader,and the first man in line in each entry will be giving orders,and if you are worried about new players,they will learn these tactics the same way they learned the tactics we are using on the server at the moment,so no big deal ;)
The video shows exactly how effective and realistic this system is,make sure you have a look at it guys.
And once again,if you have any question feel free to ask me or Fireline via TeamSpeak or in a PM
Greetings
Jolty^ wrote:
Those high risk entries and no leader is not to be recommended with new players online tho.

I understand what you're saying, but I feel in more danger when playing with people that enter rooms without knowing what they're doing, instead of using these tactics.
New players learned the old tactics, not sure what would stop them now :)
So that's what you're asking? This kind of entry?
hmmm I played it last night .. but it wasn't Good enough ...
in this server meny new persons have problems with Tactiical and u want to do it in this mod ??

u said in every entry we have leader ( point man ) but it will make problems

and another thing this mod has a lot of bugs ...
my first feeling about this is Negative (Bad)

regards
R.I.P Soap
R.I.P Ghost
First of all Task, I'm going to be straight honest and say you haven't given it a proper try yet.
This is a realistic way of how swat operates, unlike the current tactics which are far from realistic.
You being quite new to tactical swat 4 gaming makes it so you can still enjoy it this way, but people who've been playing since release desperately need change.

You're also calling the mod out for having bugs, look back at the vanilla game and I can say the same thing.
I haven't even experienced any bugs to be honest, feel free to mention what it was.
I don't understand the problem of having your pointman lead? As if in real life there'd be a leader telling you what to do on every single door you come across.
The current play style is just too slow and nowhere realistic, we're throwing grenades exactly where we need them, we know the lay out of every single room,...

I once was that person who'd open doors without command, run around like crazy with a less lethal shotgun and look where I'm now.
Do not expect that new players cannot learn these tactics, they'll learn it the same way they learned the current ones.
It's as if everyone's a little scared for change, which in this case it'd be very positive.

I do not find this feedback constructive or helpful, I'm sorry.

~ Fireline
Have to say, I'd be interested in trying it out. Would like to see this tactic being deployed - http://media.giphy.com/media/5xaOcLLe5q ... /giphy.gif
Hahaha, always with the jokes.. Thanks for your opinion Jelly!
Will give it a try, although I'm not that impressed from what I read.I'll post more info when I try them out.
Ehh, sad that you did not want anything to do with the SAS Mod.
Fireline wrote:
First of all Task, I'm going to be straight honest and say you haven't given it a proper try yet.
This is a realistic way of how swat operates, unlike the current tactics which are far from realistic.
You being quite new to tactical swat 4 gaming makes it so you can still enjoy it this way, but people who've been playing since release desperately need change.

You're also calling the mod out for having bugs, look back at the vanilla game and I can say the same thing.
I haven't even experienced any bugs to be honest, feel free to mention what it was.
I don't understand the problem of having your pointman lead? As if in real life there'd be a leader telling you what to do on every single door you come across.
The current play style is just too slow and nowhere realistic, we're throwing grenades exactly where we need them, we know the lay out of every single room,...

I once was that person who'd open doors without command, run around like crazy with a less lethal shotgun and look where I'm now.
Do not expect that new players cannot learn these tactics, they'll learn it the same way they learned the current ones.
It's as if everyone's a little scared for change, which in this case it'd be very positive.

I do not find this feedback constructive or helpful, I'm sorry.

~ Fireline

20 mins was enough for me... and attention i said " my first feeling " ;)

and then about leader problem :
it will confuse new persons really .. look at this server .. look carefully .. in ETS tactics that we are playnig right now new persons have problem with this ( in case that we have 1 fixed leader) and u want to this as 2 or .. leaders ?? come on ....it will take more time to understand it well ...
+ all persons cant use "hamachi " as well . like me ( have problem with that )

i dont like to continue .. ;)

i just share my opinion

TF141
R.I.P Soap
R.I.P Ghost
TaskForce wrote:
20 mins was enough for me... and attention i said " my first feeling " ;)

and then about leader problem :
it will confuse new persons really .. look at this server .. look carefully .. in ETS tactics that we are playnig right now new persons have problem with this ( in case that we have 1 fixed leader) and u want to this as 2 or .. leaders ?? come on ....it will take more time to understand it well ...
+ all persons cant use "hamachi " as well . like me ( have problem with that )

i dont like to continue .. ;)

i just share my opinion

TF141

Twenty minutes is never enough time to evaluate something, you barely saw anything of the tactics that are being used. You're simply not giving it a chance.
The leader role is actually quite simple, if this confuses the player I'd start questioning things... There will always be other (common) players to guide the new people.
Also as I mentioned, these tactics can be applied on the vanilla server too.. They'll just be less effective and maybe less enjoyable as well.
We can't keep using these dead tactics because they're more simple to understand, swat is complicated and people like to make it as realistic as possible.

We're not forcing you to continue, but I can tell you that I'm moving away from the old tactics.

~ Fireline